Basically, Greasemonkey runs scripts on the web page you’re browsing and modifies it’s appearance or behaviour.
Some examples :
- You can add stored searches in GMail (appears like a tag, but runs a query to find mails)
- You can remove all the results from expert-exchange.com from Google results (those ones require you to logon to see the search results… No thanks !)
- You can add favicons besides your links in Del.icio.us
To use it :
- Install the Greasemonkey plugin in Firefox
- Go to userscripts.org to find Greasemonkey scripts related to the website you want to customize (there is a handy search box on the right “Search scripts (live)” )
- Install them and see the changed web site
If you already use Greasemonkey, what are your favorite scripts ?